November 07, 2006

real? or imaginary?

I have to blog about this because I cant take pictures of it! Its something you cant see with the eye, it comes from the mind of a very imaginative 3 year old.

Madelynn has immersed herself in the land of makebelieve, imagination, pretend. She imagines herself as a different person/ item / being 99% of the time. Her current cast of characters....a baby cow, a princess, a little lamb, a ghost, a doctor who does doctoring, snow white, grandma, Barbie, a baby horse........oh and there are many more........ In order to talk to her, I must address her as ( insert imaginary being here), and ask her to put her socks and shoes on as only that imaginary being would. Its the only way to get anything done, I give up!!

Another imaginary phenomenon, her hands also talk to eachother. While running errands the other day, I overheard a back and forth conversation in the backseat. Her hands were having a conversation with eachother about having lunch. At a stoplight, I looked back to see what they were saying and bask in her adorable cuteness, only to be greeted with a stern face and she screamed , "DON'T TURN AROUND, GO BACK TO DRIVING!!!" I turned back around, laughing inside and focused my rear view mirror on her to see some more. Indeed, her hands continued their conversations with eachother, politely serving eachother sandwiches, and we all went on our merry way.....

No comments: